Friday, August 14, 2015

SURVEY: What type of vacation should you take next?

I've noticed on facebook there are polls that in a few questions can reveal what kind of old song you would be, which candidate most aligns with your beliefs and which fruit is your soul mate.

I thought I'd try one for travel, so here it goes.  Just jot your answers down on that soggy cocktail napkin under your drink or scratch them into your desk, if you're at work.


Gelato in Venice
1. What breakfast would be your first choice to tickle your tonsils?

a. Omelette served with hash browns, sausage, toast and diced fruit.

b. Fresh baked muffin.

c. International Seafood.

d. Pancakes and crispy bacon.

e. Nothing.  I'd rather be doing cardio or pumping iron (or possibly sleeping).


Cunard Dancers
2. What type of entertainment do you prefer?

a. High energy Broadway/Las Vegas type of show with singing and dancing staged by talented performers in glitzy costumes.

b. Jazz in a nightclub.

c. Comedy and magic.

d. Classical music.

e. Get me on the dance floor.


3. Which destination is more appealing?


Ancient Ephesus
a. Tropical beach beside clear blue water.

b. The greatest cities in history that I've read about all my life.

c. Pristine green forests and blue glaciers where wildlife abounds.

d. Some exotic locale completely foreign to my normal daily existence.

e. Anywhere as long as I can get my adrenaline pumping on a zipline or ATV or maybe swimming with sharks.



Mexican Riviera Beach in Mazatlan
4. When would you like to travel?


a. Summer, of course, when my kids are out of school.

b. Christmas/New Years week, so the vacation can be our big holiday gift.

c. Spring, when days begin to warm and flowers begin to bloom.

d. Fall, when vineyards are harvested and the days have cooled after a hot summer.

e. Just make it cheap, and if there's some chance weather will force the trip to be cancelled so that I get compensated, that's even better.



Sydney, Australia
5. If you were a wombat, where would you roost?

a. Transylvania, in the village of Wom.

b. According to my research, most likely somewhere in southeastern Australia or Tasmania.

c. Someplace safe from dingos.

d. A comfortable bed.

e. I thought you said I was a wombat,  not a rooster.


6. In which classic TV show would you like to actually live in real life?


a. The Love Boat

b. Hogan's Heroes

c. Gilligan's Island

d. The Fugitive

e. The Midnight Special


7. Who is your favorite ancient philosopher?

a. Aristotle

b. Friedrich Nietzche
Emma the Deep Thinker
c. Solomon

d. Crocodile Dundee

e. Voltaire


8. When did you last take a vacation?

a. I just got back.

b. I can't remember, but it has been a few years.

c. July of 2007.

d. Less than a year ago.

e. More than a year ago but some time since I graduated from high school.



Celebrity Cruises has the only Apple Stores at Sea
9. How do you feel about the Apple Watch?

a. If I could have someone teach me to use it, I'd buy one today.

b. I have no idea why anyone would want one.

c. I'm wearing one right now.

d. I'm not worried about someone stealing my apples.

e. I'm a doer, not a watcher.



Central Park Aboard Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas
10. Would you meet Donald Trump at Starbucks for coffee?

a. Of course.  He's a great businessman and interesting media personality.

b. Never.  He's terrible.

c. I just did, and he stuck me with the bill.

d. As long as he's buying, I'm there.

e. It beats the alternative (tea with Hillary).


Now, let's tally your answers.  a=1, b=2, etc.  Multiply the question number by the corresponding number of the letter you chose for that answer.  Add them all up.

If the answer is a whole number greater than zero, then your next vacation should be a cruise, and proceed immediately to www.CruisePlanners1.com to choose one.

If not, then the pressure of taking this survey has apparently made you quite tense, and you need a vacation.  Immediately visit www.CruisePlanners1.com to choose one. 

As always, if you need help, contact Wes@CruisePlanners1.com.

No comments: