Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Watching and Waiting

I may not be as good as I could have been, but I'm better than I might have been.

Perhaps you would say the same thing about yourself.

What would have become of you had you really studied dilligently, maybe read your history book instead of watching Gilligan's Island, and tried out for your high school baseball team or run for class president?

Instead of taking that easier-to-begin career path that happened to appear as a fork in the road, what if you had taken the path less traveled?

It was never simply that single either/or choice, but rather almost infinite possibilities based on each small choice you made, because frequently choosing one path precludes another.



Against the advice of most people I knew, I joined the Air Force before finishing college.

It turned out to be an enjoyable four year stint, but I could have also enjoyed my life by staying home to finish college as originally planned rather than taking evening classes at Chapman University to earn my BA.

I actually could have switched majors to computer science and possibly gotten a job at a startup like Apple or Microsoft.....maybe.

Then again, you can't change one thing without changing everything, and I have to say I've lived a wonderful, full life.

When you look around, hopefully you feel the same about your own life.

In any case, you now happen to be wherever you are as a culmination of your past decisions.



"Past you" determined this reality for "present you," just as that combination will determine "future you."

By virtue of the fact you're reading an article about travel, it must be true that you have spare time as well as the inclination to travel.

What's stopping you?

I'm a firm believer that in the process of contemplating what we want, we have begun the process of making that a reality, so just for jollies, imagine the one place in the world you'd like to visit.

Write it down and make that goal visible under a refrigerator magnet.

If you happen to see a nice photo of that place in a magazine, splurge to buy the magazine and cut the photo out to replace the name of the place on the fridge.  Alternatively, print out a picture you see on the internet, which I believe you can do at the library for a few cents, if you don't have a printer yourself.

How would you like to travel there?



Start looking for a photo.

The more vividly you can show yourself what you want, the greater the likelihood you will experience the reality at some point.

And when it comes to pass, start planning your next sojourn.

In case you didn't realize this, that is exactly why I keep posting blogs and sharing information about great cruises and destinations.

To get your subconscious mind working on how to get you to the place where you're ready to go.

I'd love to help you get there.

"Better service leads to better trips!"



No comments: