Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Past Guest Promotions


If you've booked a cruise with me, you're familiar with my advice to take advantage of any offerings made by cruise lines while you're on your cruise. I always ask that you mention that I am your agent, and you can do that even if, through some heinous error, you accidentally booked a cruise by some other means than through me. I know!! It sounds crazy, but it does happen, sometimes because the person thought she got a better deal by booking directly with the cruise line.

If you see a past guest promotion that looks better than the price you saw on my web page or in one of my promotional mailings, however, please note that I can always get that same deal or something even better, subject to availability and whatever fine print the cruise line puts in there. Just let me know the promotion code and price you saw, and I'll check it out for you.

Even if you don't see any particular promotion, always let me know which lines you've cruised on in the past so that I can be sure to see if some past guest rate applies. Frequently, cruise lines run several promotions at the same time. Carnival, for example, might be running past guest free upgrades at the same time as early saver or pack-and-go rates, senior discounts, community service rates, military discounts, California resident rates and other promos, but they're not all compatible with each other, meaning that I sort through to find whichever one is best overall. Don't short change yourself by holding back information that might get you a better deal.

More important than price, however, is getting on the right itinerary on the ship in the right stateroom. The price is marginally insignificant by comparison to how much it costs for you to take time off work and out of your precious life. Life is too short to live it by happenstance. Live your life on purpose. Call me to start planning your next great vacation.

No comments: