Friday, November 9, 2007

Cozumel: January, 2007

Most seven night cruise itineraries visit either three or four ports, and many people choose an itinerary with four ports specifically for that extra port. On our recent exotic Western Caribbean cruise, most of our friends were ready to stay onboard the cruise ship for the day by the time we reached our last port in Cozumel. My wife, who never gets enough beach time, ended up going to Playa Palancar Beach by herself, and she enjoyed a very pleasant beach day under sunny skies.



My daughter, her friend and I wandered into town to shop for souvenirs, including a visit to Diamonds International for Cozumel charms for their souvenir bracelets. We seriously contemplated visiting some ruins, but the girls decided they would rather return to the ship for the afternoon.

After they boarded the tender, I headed over to Carlos n' Charlie's, where my friend Mike said he might be going. When I walked in the door, I was pulled into a conga line, and about every twenty yards there was a waiter pouring Margaritas from a bottle into the mouths of the conga participants.I sat at a bar stool and sipped a Margarita, mainly watching other touristas getting a little crazy, although I did stand on my bar stool to do the chicken dance at the appropriate time, under the direction of the disc jockey. Later, I bought a Cuban cigar, which I smoked as I checked out nearby Senor Frog's, an even wilder bar that seems to attract a younger crowd.

Do you want to explore an exotic eco-system or see where history unfolded? Or are you just looking for a crazy Mexican cantina? Visit http://www.cruiseplanners1.com/ to begin planning your next great vacation.

No comments: