Saturday, May 30, 2015

Peru In the Rearview Review

At lunch at the Crab Pot on Long Beach Marina yesterday, Julie's cousin Darlene and her husband Rick, whom we hadn't seen for over a year, asked how our South America trip went.

Julie shared a few of the logistical details of the trip, and I immediately thought of my theory that the Incas may not have come from Isla del Sol in Lake Titicaca but rather from Polynesia by way of Hawaii and then Easter Island, but we were soon on to other topics of conversation.

I sent them a link to a search of my blogs on Peru, informing them that they had made the mistake of asking me about South America, which encouraged me to go back through those articles myself this morning.  I found it very much like going on vacation again, and I decided to make a dedicated page to share the links in a somewhat more than random but certainly not chronological order. Keep in mind that any time you want a better look at photos within an article, you can click on one and then flip through larger versions of all pictures in the article quite easily. 

Also, you'll note a lot of linked words and phrases, which as always have been placed there by me in order to elaborate on the concept highlighted.  If you have the time, watch the videos, most of which were made by me during this sojourn.

Q'enqo

Cusco

Machu Picchu

Getting Ready for a Great Vacation

Arriving in Peru

Urubamba and Oyantaytambo

Tambomachay

Saksaywaman

From Cuzco to Cruise Co.

Miami Express


No comments: